Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HUNGER FOR GOD (Mathew 5:6)



The hunger for God is an inward earnest longing and desire for his spirit and presence. It is a craving that emanates from the deepest part of the soul. I can explain it because it is something I have experienced. One time in my life, I desired to be filled with the spirit of God like nothing else ever mattered after I was born again at a very tender age. It was at a revival service in my local assembly. That night, my young soul cried out unto God and he filled me with His spirit. I spoke in tongues for the first time and believe me, the experience was awesome. The satisfaction I got that night was inexplicable, it left me saturated to the brim and virtually transformed. No wonder the Jesus in the Beatitudes says: “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled” (Mathew 5:6.)

To achieve this experience, one has to be wholly famished in order to be moved to seek for the outpouring of the spirit of God. If you want to understand what an earnest desire truly is, consider a woman in labour, a pilot who lost an engine in the air and is trying to do an emergency landing, a doctor who is performing a life-threatening surgery, a person who is about to drown and is gasping for air and is screaming out for help. The desire of the above persons must truly be deep and all they will ever desire is LIFE.

Someone might ask, How can I hunger and thirst after God? You can hunger for God by developing a deep craving in your soul for God and will be filled by consistently searching through and studying the word of God, praying earnestly and consecrating yourself before the Lord. To a larger sphere, the thirst for righteousness from a penitent heart does not pass unnoticed by God. He will fill you with His spirit and also uncover the hidden treasures of this life to you.

God is looking for an intimate relationship with you, He is excited you have accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour, His hands are open to give you more than you ever will imagine. I implore you to start that intimate relationship with Him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment